Sunday, March 15, 2009

Seven Pounds

Just back from watching "Seven Pounds" after steamboat-ing with housemates, our so-called routine activity once in months, and of course, a short break for me away from hectic work.



Why Seven Pounds? Because of Will Smith, because of Gabriele Muccino, because I was hoping for another "The Pursuit of Happyness".

But I think I'm a bit disappointed after watching it, maybe I don't really like the scene between Tim (or Ben) and Emily, for no reason. Maybe I would prefer if Tim never end his love to his wife, and he just want to help anyone as he could, regardless of whether to ease his guilt to the victims.

The front part was a bit slow, but still okay for me, pity my housemates nearly slept in the beginning. :( But I think Will Smith truly deliver the performance perfectly with his own charisma on the screen, love seeing him expressing every single emotion through his eyes. That's what I like.

What should be next? The Reader I perhaps.

2 comments:

  1. i watched both, 7 pounds and the reader; i suggest not to watch the reader in cinema, then only you will 'see through' the movie.

    7 pounds, to me, can be better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ok, haven't got the chance to watch "The Reader" yet, even no time for "Slumdog Millionaire". :(

    ReplyDelete