Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Memories in Hong Kong

What would you think of while mentioning Hong Kong?

Egg tart? Disneyland? Ocean park? SHOPPING? Or Lei Kar Sheng?!

Well, for me, Hong Kong is not really impressive... maybe the super hot temperature is part of the reasons... it's summer now with 34 degree celcius, super hot!! No boots no jacket, everybode wear sleeveless short pants and sport shoes everywhere, and still, you sweat one second after you step out from air-conditioned room.

Ocean Park doesn't really impressed me as well since I have to walk around and play under the hot sun!! Argh.... but well well, to be honest the deep sea creatures are quite impressive, the hammerhead shark, stingray, dolphin, and of course the famous sea lion Wai Wai which had been starring in quite a lot of Hong Kong drama series.

P1020059Anyhow, the night scene view from Victoria's Peak is superb!! Besides the luxury bungalows on the peak, the enchanted night scenery from the peak is breathtaking as well!! But then, the price of the dinner in every single restaurant of the peak is sky-high... :| luckily we found a Burger King in one of the floors :D otherwise.... sob sob, we'll have to go down from the peak with an empty stomach. ;(

Picture_216So, if you ask me, what would be the most impressive memory for me in Hong Kong? I will say, airport. Despite of the great location of the airport (It's surrounded by the sea :D), the point is....... I've been caught for bringing illegal WEAPON!!!

I've been traveling around without awaring that I'm bringing a pepper spray in my handbag... I mean I've been bringing this with me to at least 4 countries.... and stupid me, I never know that it's an illegal weapon in Hong Kong. When we passed through the custom, an officer stopped me and checked my handbag, I was still quite calm since I "KNOW" I am not a cocaine smuggler... but then, the officer become tense as he saw a pepper spray in my bag... I was still wondering, so what the heck? Just throw away lah I don't care. But then he ANNOUNCE my crime seriously that:" Siu Je, now we are suspecting you bringing illegal weapon in Hong Kong, we'll call the police now and they might accuse you blah blah blah."

I was like... WHAT?!!!! ACCUSE?! No no no, I'm no a Hong Kong citizen and I don't know about that, and omg, would you put me in jail or something? The officer was soooo fierce and he just took me to a security checking corner with lotsa people looking at me like I am bringing a bomb.... later on, a girl officer came and scolded the guy:"Hey, you don't scare her can ah? She is just a visitor and you just don't scare her, k?" Another office came and comfort me:" Don't worry, we understand that, actually many tourists made the mistake, normally if you never did anything wrong in Hong Kong then they will just give you a warning, nothing one, don't worry." Ohhh, I really appreciate the comfort and greatest help from both of them.

Sooner, 6 policemen came (?!) for investigation... aiks. But out of my expectation, all of them are soooo friendly and nice, one of them talked to me:" Miss, can you speak cantonese?" Oh ya ya, I can. He looked soooo released knowing that I can speak cantonese:" Wah, hou hou, ng sai geng ahhh.... mou si gehh.... jeng hai procedure jeh." Phew.... they asked me about my occupation, checked my record in Hong Kong blah blah, and they finished everything within 15 minutes, ya, some more they can grab the time to chat with me to make me relax:" Wah, lei ge gong tong wah ng co ohhh.... lek lui wohh." "Ok lah, hang dak lah, bye bye lahhh,gei dak ha ci ng hou dai lah." As what I know, if i'm ever bring the pepper spray with me again in Hong Kong, I'll be charged.... phew....

What should I say? I think it's better to blame myself for being stupid and also, I think I'm really impressed with the professionalism and high efficiency of officer and policemen in Hong Kong, you guys are great lah.... since I'm still able to catch up my flight.

Good bye Hong Kong, really good bye, coz I don't think I'll go back there again, ciao.

12 comments:

  1. Ray, I supposed wanna write this in Mandarin... but it's all becoz of you lahh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a scary experience. I hate going tru the sensor framedoor at the airport, especially when it triggers. Pepper spray as illegal weapon? OMG! Never give a thought abt it.

    Few days ago, I read a chinese new paper in Germany and they reported that any publication (even a flyer) of 'Fa Lun Gong'法论功is prohibited to cross China's border, otherwise will b jailed for at least 7 days once caught.@.@

    The officer who treathen u is really bad. This kind of ppl will make HK losing tourists.Sigh...I also hv to be more careful when carrying my hand luggage then. Who know wut will happen then? >.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya... it's scary, I really thought they are going to put me in jail for 1 day, hahahaha... Luckily the policemen and other airport officer are quite nice. ;)

    Anyhow, still quite salute their high efficiency though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah seh, this is even more interesting than the I-got-molested-in-Bali story. At least you were dealing with police officers, in Hong Kong! How cool is that! I mean I've watched a lot of Hong Kong Drama with police theme, but to deal with the real police officers from Hong Kong? Wow! You are lucky girl! Hahaha... Do consisder it as an extra benefits to your Hong Kong trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well well, this is what the another better airport officer told me too, take it as a SPECIAL experience in HK, wahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wahhh...how come you din tell me about this??? :P Hehe...somemore can flirt with the policeman. Lolz...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wanted to tell you one, but then everytime also forgot, ish ish!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha... Xing Zhi, thanks for writing in English! keep it in English... but wanna write in Chinese also can... I just need to do more translation on Babelfish... that's all! :-) Leona... quick quick update your blog about Indon... its been days since I last saw any update!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahah...u're lucky girl.
    I was nearly charged for bringing a 3-in-1 knife-opener in Korea last time. Ended up I had to go through a procedure to post it back through courier...which stupidly costed me RM20 extra...but gotta do so as the thing is my daddy's...
    Was queueing up with jackets-shoes-socks off to walk through the sensor framedoor then suddenly had a shock when I realized that I forgot to pack it in my luggage...
    Been questioned by officers too...ehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I think people were looking at you like you were a terrorist wif bomb, rite? Kakaka...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha...same same lar...bringing 'weapon' into ppl's country...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ya, I was being treated as a terrorist bringing bomb. =.= The fella even use a plastic to wrap the WEAPON straight away... doink.

    ReplyDelete