Friday, October 24, 2008

前事不忘, 后事之师

After some financial knowledge of books, continue reading my world history stuff, my current companion in my LRT is a Chinese book, it's called "世界歷史大誤讀 ", and there are something that I would like to share with... our beloved government too, which is called "纳粹反犹不只是种族歧视".

No no no... am not goin to talk about some sensitive issue, I'm a very coward person you know? I just would like to share some wordings which I think are quite meaningful and we should have thought about it.

"...二战胜利结束已经半个多世纪了, 人们在分析研究这场犹太人遭受灭绝性大惨案时,应当从中吸取教训: 民族之间的恩恩怨怨应该断然了结. 宗教必须与政治相分离, 宗教不得干预政治生活, 政治生活也不得利用宗教情绪..."

Erm maybe that is quite far from us... not really related, but "前事不忘, 后事之师", we should always learn from history, to avoid repeating some silly mistakes.

Love peace.

But oops, did my father tell me once that "人们经常研究历史, 但从来不会从历史中学习"? Erm.... Dad, I hope you're not correct this time.

8 comments:

  1. You read so deep book in the LRT, people sure stare at you weirdly.

    I suggest you take an even deeper book, like Memoirs of Lee Kuan Yew. Which you can use to whack those people who stare at you :D

    I can borrow you that :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 哈。难得有女生爱读历史书。好!
    我相信大多数人一生中看过的历史书大概就只有学校里的Sejarah textbook/revision book而已。
    各位观众,真正的历史比烂课本里的精彩多了。

    现在大马政坛的闹剧,将会是未来历史书的剧情(或许不是大马出版的,因为ISA的关系)。所以,赶快买本史书读一下几百几千年前的趣事吧

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cicak, ya ya sometimes people will stare at me weirdly, and actually some of them are actually reading my it too. :|
    There was once a girl asked me where did I buy my book (another one) and sort of discussing with me, nice huh, hehe.

    Hi hi Soon Yau, I know you like history too (from your blog) :p
    My father said the same thing as you, he said I inherit this from him. :|
    Yupe the so-called text books are just.... beautified sort of thing, hehe, not really telling the truth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. History book... hmm sounds interesting. You are more and more knowledgable with each day pass. With that being said, when do you want to give me a lecture? To increase my shallow knowledge. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello fai cai Chee Jiun, sorry lor I'm still very stupid and shallow one hoh....
    I still like to makan sleep main shopping rather than working loh. :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. WuWu Miss Yow JJ, when u wanna lecture me on History? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. oo.. u got read my blog 1 ar..

    actually i also forgot why and when i added u in my friendster.. hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  8. SS Kei, no no I only study here and there, saje for own knowledge, you can ask your ah boy to give you lecture. :p

    Soon Yau, it's because of Chai Yee, remember? :)

    ReplyDelete